WHAT THE RESEARCH SAYS
.The quality of a child’s future depends on the quality of caregiving in the first five years.
Research shows that 3 and 4 year olds who attend a high quality preschool are more successful in Kindergarten and beyond.
Research also shows that most preschool programs are not of high quality.
In the United States, 76% of children ages three and four receive education and care from someone other than a parent.
So it is our job to ensure that our classrooms are healthy and of high quality.
WHAT DOES A POSITIVE
CLOSE YOUR EYES
- What do different parts of you day sound like and look like?
- What do you see? (are there times in your day that my appear to be unhealthy?)
What do you feel needs to be change?
Do you have a hard time keeping your classroom labeled?
I know that I struggle to keep my whole classroom labeled at the same time. When I start looking around I always find a label missing or one that is in need of repair.
We all know what a tremendous difference it makes to have our classrooms labeled when it comes to encouraging our little ones to put all the materials away.
It's one of those things that gets away from us or a chore that is always on your list. Label, label, label sometimes it feels that all I do during my prep time.
- Pipe Cleaners
- Hole Punch
- 4X6 Photo Protector sleeves
- Command picture hanging strips or Velcro
When I need to label something in my classroom all I need to put in my label caddy is the box of center labels. Hi Ho Hi Ho off to label I go.
During the school year life can get a little stressful. Over the course of the year our daily challenges lead to a certain degree of stress and tension. Here are 5 simple ways to help you destress and recharge your batteries this summer.
1. Spend time with Family- Family life somethings get shuffled to the side during the school year. Spending time with family will help you get back what you might have lost out on over the course of the school year. Time with family and friends will give you some of that much-needed fun time.
2. Get a Massage- Take time for yourself by getting a massage. A good massage can help you relax but it can also reduce anxiety, headaches and most of all boost your mood.
3. Laugh with a Friend- Laughter really is the best medicine. Laughter is proven to lower stress and improve blood flow, which helps you to unwind. Rent a funny movie or you could hang out with one of your wannabe comedian pals, just remember to have a good laugh.
4. Read A Book for Fun- Get lost in a book, books have a way of taking you to new places. Not only that reading helps to reduce stress, lower heart rate, which eases tension.
5. Go on a Nature Walk- Spending long hours in your classroom all yearlong can start to wear on your mental wellness. While your off take the time to breath in some fresh air, take walks in a park or take some day trip hikes to local national parks. The fresh air awakens your body and helps clear the mind.
I'm Tami Sanders creator of Learning and Teaching with Preschoolers, a blog to help teachers create magical moments for the young.