During the school year life can get a little stressful. Over the course of the year our daily challenges lead to a certain degree of stress and tension. Here are 5 simple ways to help you destress and recharge your batteries this summer.
1. Spend time with Family- Family life somethings get shuffled to the side during the school year. Spending time with family will help you get back what you might have lost out on over the course of the school year. Time with family and friends will give you some of that much-needed fun time.
2. Get a Massage- Take time for yourself by getting a massage. A good massage can help you relax but it can also reduce anxiety, headaches and most of all boost your mood.
3. Laugh with a Friend- Laughter really is the best medicine. Laughter is proven to lower stress and improve blood flow, which helps you to unwind. Rent a funny movie or you could hang out with one of your wannabe comedian pals, just remember to have a good laugh.
4. Read A Book for Fun- Get lost in a book, books have a way of taking you to new places. Not only that reading helps to reduce stress, lower heart rate, which eases tension.
5. Go on a Nature Walk- Spending long hours in your classroom all yearlong can start to wear on your mental wellness. While your off take the time to breath in some fresh air, take walks in a park or take some day trip hikes to local national parks. The fresh air awakens your body and helps clear the mind.
I'm Tami Sanders creator of Learning and Teaching with Preschoolers, a blog to help teachers create magical moments for the young.