A peek at the before pictures
The design process
Changes that needed to be done.
The colors in the home living space where to visually stimulating. It had to many bright primary colors which made the space chaotic in more ways then one.
The space was to tight with furniture. The children could not move freely with in the space. Which caused conflict.
* Find smaller table for space. Divide area into to different living areas. (more like a great room would be) Kitchen with family area.
* I have missed match furniture throughout my classroom. Find another teacher that would be willing to trade so that we could both have matching furniture. Good thing is that most of the teachers I work with like the colored furniture and I like the wood.
* Find dishes in a softer color.
I was able to find furniture some from another teacher by trading and I found some wonderful finds at the school warehouse surplus.
After setting it up we took a step back and all in all we liked the overall fill of it. However we were still not happy with the blue and yellow cabinets behind the chairs and the blue chairs stood out as well. So...
Have your ever dreamed about something that you are working on and woke up in the morning and knew exactly what you needed to do. That is what happened, so on my way to work I took a detour to Wal-Mart and found contact paper and some brown fabric.
Now that is more like it!
On to my next classroom re-design project.
I'm Tami Sanders creator of Learning and Teaching with Preschoolers, a blog to help teachers create magical moments for the young.
Monthly Bundle Deals